For a Minister of Religion visa (T2), you need to meet the following set criteria.
- The job offered to you is within a faith community i.e., as a missionary, minister of
religion, or something in a similar capacity
- Moreover, you meet the criteria to qualify for this visa
How to get sponsored for this visa?
Your employment should be under a certified sponsor in order for you to apply to live in the UK. A sponsorship certificate will be provided as proof by your sponsor to show that you qualify for the job and also the visa.
Fee for the Application
It varies, depending upon who is applying for the Minister of Religion Visa.
If it is you, then it is £610 for applying from outside of the UK and £704 for an extension or for switching to a different visa type.
If it is your dependent, then it is £610 for each individual and £704 if it’s for a visa
extension or switching to a different visa type.
If you belong to any eligible country applying for this visa, there is an automatic £55 fee
You have to pay yearly healthcare charges for you and your dependents individually. If you are applying to extend or switch your visa, then a fee of £19.20 needs to be paid for biometric information to be recorded. You can speed up the process by paying an extra £500 for a decision within 5 working days or an extra £800 for getting it in the next working day or 2 working days after you have provided your biometric information. Your biometric residence permit might take up to 10 days after you get your decision letter.
Duration of Stay
You can stay in the UK for up to 3 years and a month with a Minister of Religion visa (T2). Either this duration or the duration mentioned on your sponsorship certificate plus 14 days.
What you can/cannot do
- Travel internationally and return to the UK
- Do some volunteer work
- Work a second job under different circumstances
- Study, if it doesn’t in any way clash with your sponsored job
- Work a job under your sponsor as mentioned and described in your sponsorship
- If your dependents are eligible, then bring them to the UK
- Get access to Public Funds
- Unless you earn more than £159,600 yearly; own more than 10% of your sponsor’s
Why Choose UK Residency to obtain Minister of Religion Visa (T2)
Our immigration advisors are adept at assisting employers and skilled workers from a multitude of industries with business visa applications. Whether you want to take up a new opportunity in the UK as a skilled worker or planning to transfer a senior employee of your company to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, we are at your service to make the immigration process simpler and faster for you.
With our advisor by your side, we ensure that you will be able to grow your career in full compliance with UK immigration law. Our immigration case managers can provide you
- Expert advice on your work visa options under the UK’s Immigration Rules
- An independent assessment of your prospects of qualifying for a work visa
- Professional assistance with preparing a work visa application or review
Get in touch with one of our immigration consultants to discuss options to enter the UK.