The Skilled Worker Visa replaced the Tier 2 Work Visa. Under this Skilled Workers Visa the applicant can work in UK with approved employer. With Covid-19, a free visa extension was provided for the health workers and their families. Free EU Settlement Scheme is applicable if the members of the family started to live in UK from 31st December, 2020.
You need to have an offer letter before applying for visa. Some of the requirements for Skilled Worker Visa are as follows:
- Work a job on the eligible employments list
- Depending on the nature of employment a minimum wage is to be paid
- A ‘sponsorship certificate’ needs to be provided by the employer, which describes the role of the employee
- It’s also required to only be employed with a UK employer pre approved by the home office
- The basic requirements are to read, understand, write and speak in English and exhibit your knowledge when you apply
Cost on Application
Each individual applying will need to show that he can sustain living on his personal saving and also pay for the following:
- For healthcare each year
- The application fees
For individuals working in public healthcare sector, it is better to apply for Health and Care Worker Visa, which is cheaper and you don’t have to pay yearly
The criteria to apply online are as follows:
- Switching jobs within UK
- Extending current visa while working in UK
- Coming to UK for work
Duration of the Process
In the certificate of sponsorship there is a joining date mentioned, and its best to apply for visa 3 months before that date. All the relevant documents need to be provided for the process
Stipulations of Skilled Worker Visa
Yearly, for each individual, it’s £624 and if you are in the category of an eligible country then there is a £55 fee reduction on a visa application. This is only for the Global Talent Visa holder and not their spouse or children.
- You can study, work
- Bring in your dependants (partner and children)
- Do volunteer work
- Travel back and work to UK
- Apply for permanent residence
- Not eligible for state pensions etc.
- No job switching
Why Choose UK Residency to obtain Skilled Worker Visa?
Subject to the exemptions below, you will need to have cash funds of at least £1,270 available.
Our immigration advisors are adept at assisting employers and skilled workers from a multitude of industries with business visa applications. Whether you want to take up a new opportunity in the UK as a skilled worker or planning to transfer a senior employee of your company to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, we are at your service to make the immigration process simpler and faster for you.
With our advisor by your side, we ensure that you will be able to grow your career in full compliance with UK immigration law. Our immigration case managers can provide you
- Expert advice on your work visa options under the UK’s Immigration Rules
- An independent assessment of your prospects of qualifying for a work visa
- Professional assistance with preparing a work visa application or review
Get in touch with one of our immigration consultants to discuss options to enter the UK.