Medical professionals can come and stay in the UK and work an eligible job with the NHS, under the Health and Care Worker visa.
It can be an NHS job or a role in a similar capacity as in adult social care or as an NHS
supplier. In some cases, health care workers and their dependents will get a free visa
extension due to coronavirus (Covid-19).
To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Work a qualified health and social care job
- Must be paid a minimum wage depending on the work you do
- Must be qualified health care or adult care professional
- Must have a ‘sponsorship certificate’ stating your role by your employer in the UK
Knowledge of English
The main requirement is to be able to read, speak, write and understand English, and for that, you need to prove your knowledge at the time of applying.
Time Period of Stay
You will have your visa for up to 5 years before you apply for an extension. You will also need to apply for an extension and an update on the visa if you change your jobs, your employer, or when your visa expires. You can apply for permanent settlement, after 5 years of having this visa and living and working there.
The application process is online and depends on the following criteria:
- You in the UK and switching jobs
- You are coming to work in the UK
- You are extending your visa while working a job in the UK
Duration of the Process
It is best to apply 3 months before the date of joining mentioned on your sponsorship certificate. The application process requires you to provide documentation and proof of your identity.
How soon can one get a decision?
After applying online, it takes about 3 weeks to get a decision, but you can pay to speed up the process.
COST OF APPLICATION
For you and your dependent you will need to:
- Have proof of your adequate personal savings
- Be able to pay the application fee
- You or your dependent will not need to pay yearly healthcare charges
WHAT YOU CAN/CANNOT DO?
- Work as a volunteer
- Take on extra work
- Work in an eligible job
- Bring your eligible dependents
- Travel internationally and return to the UK
- Switch jobs or employer without a visa update
- Get access to public funds or State Pension
WHY CHOOSE UK RESIDENCY TO OBTAIN
A CHILD STUDENT VISA?
UK Residency is the smart gateway for foreign students who want to move to or extend their stay in, the UK to continue their education. The immigration advisors on our team will lay out the best immigration options for students and help them understand Immigration Rules so that they can start their course of study without wasting any time.
You may qualify for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa if you are over the age of 16 and have been offered an unconditional place on a course with an educational institution holding a Tier 4 Sponsor Licence. Children aged between 4 and 17 years old can apply for a Tier 4 (Child) Student visa.
Get in touch with one of our immigration consultants to discuss options to enter the UK.