Why not expand the business to the United Kingdom? Yes, let’s move to Britain for financial security and enchanting revenues. The United Kingdom is one of the best destinations to go and settle down. The land is full of opportunities and people from all over the world are pouring in to settle down in the UK. If you are planning to move to the United kingdom from UAE, here are the ten reasons for expanding the business from UAE to the United Kingdom.
- More than 6 lac people moved to the UK in 2019. The UK is indeed a land of fortune and good luck for those who desire to settle here. UAE and UK have recently updated their policies which increase the economic support and growth for both countries. UAE is planning to invest billions in the UK in the coming years. UK and UAE also share a trade relationship and in 2019 their economies had trade worth £18.6 billion.
- The economy is promising to UAE citizens as the UAE-UK Sovereign Investment Partnership program aims to invest more than £10 billion in the UK. There is going to be a plenty number of jobs in the UK for UAE citizens. The UK-UAE bond is going to become unbreakable in near future and UK is going to be a second home to emirates citizens.
- If you reside in UAE, moving to the UK is a sane decision. UK citizenship gives you the right to free medical, insurance, studies, and many social funds. The cost of living in the UK is far less than living in the United Arab emirates. The work opportunities are great and you can easily access other European countries from the UK. UK doesn’t only allow UAE citizens to come and settle in Britain but also provides assistance and ease throughout the process. Also, the UK Visa policy is flexible and UAE citizens can move to Britain whenever they want to.
- UAE pledges to expand investment in the UK. The United Arab Emirates has pledged to invest £10bn in UK clean energy, technology, and infrastructure as the oil-rich Gulf state expands a multibillion-pound partnership with the British government. Khaldoon al-Mubarak, the chief executive of Mubadala, which signed the deal, told the Financial Times that the UAE had already invested £1.1bn in UK companies and funds, including £500m in CityFibre, a telecoms infrastructure group, over the past six months.
- The regulatory system in the UK is open and transparent, making it easy to do business. In general, the UK aims to minimise bureaucracy and deregulate marketplaces in order to allow companies to develop and expand. However, there are strict regulations e.g. with regards to employment, industrial emissions, pollution monitoring and control, and waste disposal. Make sure you are aware of the regulations that directly or indirectly affect your business!
- All businesses operating in the UK are subject to UK law, and every company registered in the UK must have a registered address in the UK. By law, all UK companies must file their annual accounts with Companies House within nine months of the end of an accounting period. Additionally, a confirmation statement must be filed with Companies House every 12 months (within 28 days of the anniversary of incorporation).
- Another primary reason for moving operations into Europe is the vast pool of skilled employees. In fact, the UK has a workforce of more than 30 million people, which is the second-largest workforce in the European Union. The UK is also one of the only European countries expected to have labor supply growth in the next 15 years.
- In addition to having many qualified workers, the UK has a flexible market with regulations designed to protect employees. As an employer, this should be viewed as a benefit. You can follow pre-established rules and regulations that improve the life of your team members.
- Also, labor costs in the UK are the most competitive in Western Europe considering the lower employer social security contributions. In fact, the UK’s overall cost of labor is lower than countries such as France, Ireland, the Netherlands, and Germany. We suggest working directly with a partner to help establish your presence in the UK so your organization can compliantly hire and pay your new team members.
- Easily one of the most complicated factors to global expansion is navigating the complications of the tax system. In the UK, it’s pretty simple compared to other foreign markets. Currently, the corporate tax rate is set at 20%. In addition, the UK has double taxation agreements through treaties with other countries so as a result, most UK-based companies will not pay Corporation Tax on foreign dividends. There is also a Value Added Tax (VAT) payable on most goods and services supplied in the UK, currently set at 20%. This can be an additional benefit to companies operating in the region.
Whether you’re committed to expanding into the UK or have other markets on your mind, UK Residency can have you up and running in as few as 48 hours—virtually anywhere—all without establishing an entity. If you’re ready to make the UK your first or next global expansion destination, reach out to UK Residency today, and let’s make it happen.
How to move to the United Kingdom from UAE?
Moving from one country to another requires a solid plan. You have to sort out each thing before moving to avoid any trouble later on. First, to move to the united kingdom, you need a UK Visa. The UK offers work visas, investment visas, family visas, ancestry visas, Innovative visas, business visas, visit visas, and spouse visas to UAE citizens.
If you are not planning to invest in the UK, you need a UK work visa and a sponsorship letter. Other visas include sponsorship letters from your spouse, partner, or proof that your grandparents were born there.
The whole visa process takes a maximum of six months as soon as you get the Uk Visa, you are ready to go. UAE citizens can also apply for an electronic visa weaver if they are going for 6 months and want visa-free entry in the UK.
To settle down in the UK, you will need to dispose of assets and dissolve your accounts in UAE. This is recommended because if you have any property outside the UK and are a UK citizen, you have to pay tax. So it’s better to liquify your assets and take cash with you. Moreover, you will need bank clearance before departure. This can take weeks so make sure you get every step right and on time.
After reaching the UK, you will need to open your bank account and find a residence. You can apply for a mortgage as soon as you reach the UK. Now apply for an insurance number and indefinite leave to remain to gain citizenship later on.
Moving to the UK with family is a great step towards a better future. Best of luck!
For expert advice and assistance regarding a UK visa application or immigration appeal, contact our immigration consultants in London at (+44) 7898641255.