An alternative immigration option to the UK is available for those people who are either in a committed relationship or are married to someone who holds a British passport.

It says that, if people are struggling in terms of meeting the stringent financial criteria for UK Spousal Visa, then they should have an alternate option: Bailiwick of Guernsey.

 The second-largest Channel Island and a Crown Dependency is the Bailiwick of Guernsey (Guernsey). Although is not a part of the UK, it is well connected with the United Kingdom and even has its own jurisdictions.

The governing body for both local and International Relations is the UK Government in the case of Guernsey as well. The place is serene and showcases breathtaking views and even has a pleasing climate to live in.

Is Guernsey a suitable alternative for UK Spousal Visa?

The financial criteria and stipulations for an individual who wants to immigrate to the UK are different in different cases. A person could easily qualify to apply for an Unmarried or Spousal Partner Visa if they are married or is in a relationship with an individual who holds the British Passport.

The process to apply for an Unmarried or Spousal Partner Visa to immigrate to Guernsey is the same as that which exists in the UK. The difference that exists in the process of Guernsey is there is no payable NHS for your application. Even the financial requirements were not as strict as those for the UK. The basic financial requirement is that you need to have proof that you can sufficiently provide for your consistent accommodation living there.

Housing right in the UK

If you have a spouse with a British Passport and you are immigrating to Guernsey, you have the benefit to travel without any restriction within the Common Travel Area, which includes the UK as well.

An interesting point to note here is that the time that you spend in one of British Crown Dependencies is considered to be the time you spend within UK bounds so that it is easier to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

You can qualify to apply for Citizenship, an Indefinite Leave to Remain, and later even for a British Passport, if you reside in Guernsey for five years on an Unmarried or Spousal Partner Visa, giving you the right to live and work in the UK later.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *